Date of Visit: 12/3/15
Location: Newton, MA
Number of BHS Students that have applied:
Mount Ida is a small, diverse, private college nestled in a suburban neighborhood in Newton. Over 70% of its 1,300 students live on campus. Just 8 miles from Boston, Mount Ida offers small classes, typically no more than 15 students, which allows for personal faculty attention with a strong focus on internships and career preparation.
The School of Applied Sciences offers some of the most popular majors on campus, among them are Dental Hygiene, Forensic Science and Veterinary Technology. The campus has a state of the art dental facility, which does a great deal of community service locally and abroad. Additionally, Pre-Med & Pre-Pharmacy are new majors. Other popular majors are Fashion, Interior Design, Game Art and Animation & Sports Management.
Mount Ida has a very strong focus on career readiness, as well as an established program of internships and practicums that provide students with the opportunity to apply what they are learning and determine their areas of interest for future employment.
The school has also made numerous campus renovation and construction projects, among them are:
- New, state-of-the-art biology and chemistry labs
- Reconstruction of Malloy Hall, the school’s largest residence hall
- New student fitness center, added to the existing Athletic Center
- Expansion of Dental Education Center & Community Dental Clinic
- Restoration of 100-year-old Shaw Hall as the campus centerpiece